Here, we will list for you the Accomplishments we have made and intend to make during my first term. For those of you who prefer the short version we have listed the major areas of accomplishments and for those of you who like the long version, please click on each bullet point to find the back story and reasons for our changes. As always, if you have questions or would like further clarification, please contact our campaign via the contact page.
- Provided employees with Improved Health Plan at lower cost.
- Implemented changes throughout the Courthouse to improve Customer Service.
- Updated Courthouse brochures and had them printed in both English & Spanish.
- Created a working Human Resources Department & began working as a Team.
- 16 employees were promoted in 2009 alone.
- Improved Computer software and systems integration.
- ‘Saving time in line by going on-line – Eservices implementation.
Needless to say, we have had a busy 3 years – Many of these changes did not come easy. I have always felt a strong obligation to the Citizens who elected me and I made each decision (in conjunction with my Directors, Managers and Administrators) in an effort to more efficiently provide a higher level of Customer Service to the Citizens of Osceola County.
In the process, we were faced with several Historical events; Budget cuts by the State, State appropriations handling our budget and when we were still operating at the 2008 Budget for 2009, we received over 20% in State Mandated Budget Cuts. These recessive times have not been easy for any of us, but the Clerks pulled together as a Team and we made it work, eventually we did have layoffs, but we were also able to give back the 3% that we had to cut.
There is still much to do – and it is my Sincere Hope that you once again Elect Malcom Thompson, Clerk of the Court for Osceola County. Fairness and Truth have been restored and it would be a shame to move backwards now.